Tuesday, April 24, 2018

This IS the Year!

I have been struggling with my weight since I had my first child more than twenty years ago. Yep, that's right More.Than.Twenty.Years. I started to see a decline in health after I turned 30. I've tried LOTS of health plans and diets, joined a gym and exercised regularly. After a diagnosis with Lyme and Iritis (inflammation of the retinas), I couldn't seem to regain energy, even after I was healed from them.

After praying for answers to my health, weight, and fatigue, I began to believe that my tired life was the best life I could have...there would be no more improvement. 



Is any of this resonating with you? If so, come walk with me on my journey, because there IS hope!

I'm so grateful for a friend who shared her journey to health on her Facebook page. I was intrigued, and I so desired that health and energy for myself! After praying about, I contacted her and asked her how I could get started. I know that it was no coincidence that I was encouraged by her journey.

I started my "Day 1" on February 24, 2018...today, I am two months into my journey and 23 pounds lighter! BUT My biggest joy is the amount of energy I now have and the ability to DO more with my family and for others! I still have a ways to go, but I do hope to reach my goal of losing about 55 pounds by the end of the summer. We are planning our family's National Park trip and, Lord willing, I will be able to enjoy our many hikes together. 

Be sure to check into the "In the Kitchen" where you'll find the many recipes my family is loving.


Blessings in Christ,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment